Sunday, November 2, 2008

Good news from Kurdistan!

Hewlêr Citadel from the Park Minaret direction (click the picture so it becomes bigger).

Readers of Sahmaran might have wondered the long silence.

Sorry for that. The reason is that I have made a great tourney around the autonomous Kurdistan Region in Iraq. I have travelled also in Mosul, Kirkuk and Diyala provinces. I try to put pictures here soon, if Arianet - Insallah - is in order.

Finally there are good news from Kurdistan! Not yet in connection to political situation but to the weather: The summer heat is finally over and it has been raining!

2 comments:

Frank Partisan said...

I was expecting something political for the punchline of the post (LOL).


Regards.

Kristiina Koivunen said...

I want to write about many other things as soon as I have time and a reasonable internet connection.

About the weather here: I think you have some idea about the weather conditions in Iraq: until mid October it has been so hot that it has been impossible to walk barefoot on a balcony because the floor is burning hot. Imagine living in such a temperature when there is electricity (= air condition) only few hours a day. I don't understand how the American soldiers manage in their heavy clothes and equipment in the burning sun.