Tuesday, October 7, 2008

American concert in Hewlêr


I have now Arianet so it is easy to use internet here in Hewlêr. But for example tomorrow I travel out from here and now I have time to put only this picture to my blog.
It is from a concert today evening by American soldiers in the auditory of Kurdistan's Ministry of Culture in Hewlêr.
I have heard Kurdistan's national hymn "Yah Rahqeeb" many times, but this was the first time I heard it played by American soldiers.
After Kurdish and Iraqi national hymns the rest of the concert consisted of American folk music.

2 comments:

Frank Partisan said...

Very nice blog.

I would like to have been at that concert. I like American folk music, even if it's corny.

Regards.

Kristiina Koivunen said...

Thanks for Your message, it took me some time to let it be published as I have not been near internet.