Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Life in Iraqi Kurdistan


From left: Falakaddeen Kakaie (Culture Minister, KRG), Ayla Akat Ata (MP, DTP, Turkey), Kristiina Koivunen and Bengi Yildiz (MP, DTP, Turkey). Hawler the 9th September 2008.

I am still in Iraqi Kurdistan tackling with heat, internet and several other problems.


Life in Hawler is very interesting. There would be enough of things to write a book, not just posts in a blog (well, actually that's just what I am doing).


Insallah when internet works I try to put some more pictures to Sahmaran. But only when I can use wireless network with my own laptop. I do not put my flash memory (memory stick) to any Iraqi computer. Among other problems Iraq has its own national community of computer viruses. I am tired to take my laptop to anti-virus treatment every time when I have used my flash memory in the computer of someone else. I have sent pictures to Finland from various computers - when I let my camera to be checked it had more than twenty viruses.

The above picture is taken here in Hawler the 9th September 2008.

I have lots of other interesting pictures too, but the scheduldes of Hawler internet and mine don't seem to fit together. When internet is functioning I do not have time to write to Sahmaran and vice versa.

No comments: