Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring in Hewler

Readers of Sahmaran have maybe wondered that I have become lazy as I have not written much blogs during this spring.... but I have written other things.

Now I promise to use more time on blogging. I am now in Hewler (Erbil), I came here yesterday. I tried to put here pictures but it seems to be very difficult with the computer which I use now. I will do it later.

How is Hewler?

I would have so much to say after just one day, but I will do it later. To put it short: everything is different than in Turkey. Only police men whom I have seen today are traffic police. After seing the normal Kurdish life here one understands better the depth of opression of the Kurds in Turkey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear that everything is fine in there. I am sure that kurdish people take good care of you.

I send my and my husbands greetings to our familymembers and friends in Kurdistan. Hope to see you all soon!