Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Time to open Kurdology Institute in Turkey

Kurdish-info.net quotes to Sabah and tells about a discussion about opening a Kurdology Institute in Turkey. According to Kurdish-info.net the chairman of the Turkish History Institute Yusuf Halaçoğlu stated that out of the country's 80 universities, it is necessary to establish a Kurdology Institute and an Armenian Research Institute amongst them.
Yes, there is a need for a Kurdology Institute - one in each town of the Southeast. And also to open many new universities there. For example in Batman there is no university. As Batman is the centre of oil production in Turkey it would a perfect place for a technical university.

There is neither any university in Dogubayazit. The first Kurdology Institute should be opened in Dogubayazit as Ehmede-i Xani, the first Kurdolog, lived there.

5 comments:

analysekurde said...

Hi Kristiina,

I am really to see that peolpe are more and more interested in kurdish question. I would like to thank you for your invaluable contribution and I encourage you to follow your job.

I also have a blog about kurdish question that is based more in actuality about Kurds in four parts of Kurdistan.

I would be grateful to you if you could add my blog to your links.

Thanks a lot,
Feqîyê Teyran

Kristiina Koivunen said...

Thanks for Your message - I added Your blog to the links. Despite unfortenately I can not read myself French or Kurdish, and I read Turkish only very slowly. So hopefully You write sometimes in English...

Your links are interestings, most of them were new to me (due to the language), so hopefully there is new information also for such Sahmaran's readers who have similar limitations in language knowledge as I do.

analysekurde said...

Thank very much for having added my blog.
I will try to write more in english even if my english is not so good.
I would like to say that I found some of your analisis about the future of the kurdish question very interesting.

Feqîyê Teyran

Kristiina Koivunen said...

We live historical times now. I feel that I am very priviledged when I have been able to follow so near the development in Kurdistan. Now is the turning point in the situation of the Kurds, they are becoming a nation, while earlier they were many Kurdish clans and tribes.

analysekurde said...

I totally agree with you. Kurds are becoming a nation. At least, most of Kurds have the feeling to be part of kurdish nation and not necesarily of a clan or trib.

Kurds from South have perfectly been able to set a state up, which proves that Kurds can assume their future without threatening peace in the world.

Feqîyê Teyran