Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Congratulations to Kurdish parliamentarians!

Aysel Tugluk (in the middle with flowers) in Wan Airport December 2006. Photo: Kristiina Koivunen

All Kurdish bloggers have written their comments about Turkey's elections - except me! In addition of having a full time work for one month in City of Helsinki Social Department I have been busy writing my analysis to Helsingin Sanomat. It is Finland's biggest daily newspaper with a circulation of 430 000 (we are five million people in this country).
My article was published today in the editorial page (page number 2) of the newspaper with my picture. It tells about the rocky road what Erdogan's new government will have. The text is not translated to English and I do not have time to translate it. I will comment the elections in Gulan next Monday the 30th July and put the same text in English to this blog.

Now I say just the same thing every else has already said: this is really great! Once again something which gives the Kurds hope for the future. Things can change! They are already changing.

During recent years my articles about Turkey have been published in the editorial page of Helsingin Sanomat about a dozen times. There has been also some unofficial dialogue with the Turkish Embassy as Ambassador Reha Keskintepe has sent twice his answers to my articles and they have been published in the page for readers' letters in Helsingin Sanomat. Despite until now this dialogue has not been very fruitful (last year Mr Keskintepe claimed that I distribute terrorist propaganda) I hope it will continue. Now it has become time in start political dialogue in Turkey to find a peaceful solution to the Kurdish question. It will benefit also Turks, not just Kurds.

No comments: