Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Operation Metal Storm?

Today's Zaman claims that Turkish troops have crossed the boarder and entered North Irak. Other media has not yet heard about it.

The 22nd January 2007 I wrote in Gulan about Orkun Ucar’s and Burak Turna’s book "Metal storm". Two years ago it was the most sold book in Turkey. It tells about war between Turkey and America. It starts in North Iraq when American army arrests Turkish soldiers near Kerkuk. In the novel Turkish army enters North Iraq to help Turkmens.

This book came to my mind when I read in The New Anatolian the interview of retired Chief of Joint Staff of the U.S. Army General Richard Myers. I borrow the interview which was published the 9th April:

Asked on the possibility of a military operation against PKK in northern Iraq by Turkey, Myers said that the forces of the Turkish and the U.S. armies may confront one another.

"Such a possibility that has also occurred at past makes me anxious. If Turkey raises an cross-border operation, that would be a ominous ciscumstance," Myers said, referring to the Sulaymaniya sack case.

When the war between USA and Turkey starts in Ucar’s and Turna’s book?

It starts May 2007.

I had the book but I gave it to a friend. I think I will go and take it back.
****
Today’s Zaman’s article is here:
http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=107995

The interview of General Richard Myers is here:
http://www.kurdish-info.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6848

No comments: